Tuesday 23 April 2013

Forever you - sandi Lynn snippet

Forever you - sandi Lynn snippet


Tonight was a turning point for me. Ellery let her guard down and showed me her broken side. I knew when I saw the scars on her wrists, she had a troubled past. I never dreamed she would have to fight cancer. She closed her eyes as she left her head resting on my shoulder. She was exhausted and it was late. I needed to get her home. I picked her up from the sand and carried her across the beach. She put her arms around my neck and laid her head on my chest. I held her tight. I needed her to feel safe with me. I opened the door to the Range Rover and gently laid her in the front seat. She started to stir so I whispered to her, “Sleep angel.”


I pulled out of the parking lot and drove to her apartment. I kept looking at her as she peacefully slept. She looked like an angel. Everything I tried to bury tonight came back to the surface and drowned my fears with a bit of hope. Maybe, just maybe, something could come of our friendship one day. I pulled up to curb of her apartment. Her purse was lying next to her so I opened it and grabbed her keys. I got out and walked around to the passenger side and opened the door. I carefully picked her up as she put her arms around my neck and walked her to the door. I inserted the key and lightly kicked the door open with my foot. I carried her down the hallway to her bedroom and gently laid her on the bed.  I looked around the room and saw a blanket in the corner. I walked over, picked it up and covered her with it to keep her warm. I stood over her while she slept and ran the back of my hand down her soft cheek. “Sleep well angel and sweet dreams.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment