Friday 19 April 2013

Interview with L Calell


Picture


What/who inspired you to start writing?
Over the years I have read many books and varied genres, some of my early inspirations were Patricia Cornwell, Stephen King, Erma Bombeck, John Grisham, JK Rowling but more recently I have delighted in the romance/YA genre and enjoyed Stephanie Meyer, SC Stephens, Rebecca Donovan and Teresa Mummert. Also turning 40 this year (eek) propelled me in to the 'what have I achieved in life' realm.
What is your favourite part of your book?
This is difficult, as a lot of it is quite intense my favourite parts are the lighter moments when Katie & Chris are just having plain and simple (sometimes flirty) fun!

When naming your charcters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
The first names had no meaning but surnames throughout the book linked to my world. Calder was from the last street I lived with my father and Williams was my grandfathers surname and he was proud of my every moment in life and I know he will be bursting with pride now.

Would you ever write a different genre?
Of course, always open to opportunities. I write from the heart though and just have to follow its lead.

What advice would you give inspiring writers?
Always believe in yourself and never give up! I am still very much in the honeymoon period myself but I have met some very good friends in the writing community who have guided me well and all I can do is 'pay it forward'. If you need help just ask.

What made you come up with your book titles?
After finishing Disconnected, I asked myself 'how does that make me feel?' And the title is the answer!

Who is your favourite character from your books and why?
Gerry is definitely my favourite character, he is so happy and full of fun. I love them all really, they have been part of a long journey but somehow Gerry's happy, round face just kept me moving forward. In such a deeply emotional story he always made me smile.

If you could work with any fellow author who would it be and why?
Erma Bombeck - as a teenager I read ' I lost everything in the Post-Natal Depression' and I laughed out loud continuously throughout - a new experience as a moody teenager. Since then I continued to read her books and found most of them equally as amusing. Sadly I will not be able to fulfil this dream.

Who are your top five authors/books
I am going to go for books of 2012 as there are just too many to list:
Fifty Shades Trilogy/EL James - who doesn't love Christian?
Thoughtless Trilogy/SC Stephens - I have a D-Bags t-shirt!
Beautiful Disaster/Jamie McGuire - Currently reading Walking Disaster and loving it even more from Travis's POV
Breathing Series/Rebecca Donovan - This series really affected me, I will be looking for closure on the final instalment later this year.
Slammed series/Colleen Hoover - first book I have truly 'ugly-cried' over.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity.



Thank you L Calell


 

No comments:

Post a Comment