Monday 1 April 2013

Kristen Proby Interview

We are so exited to have the opportunity to interview the lovely Kristen Proby. Author of the "With me in Seattle Series."
 
Thank you for joining us! 
 Thanks for having me! 

What /who inspired you to first start writing?
 I've always been a writer, for as long as I can remember, but I was inspired to write romance novels by Nora Roberts and Susan Mallery. I love them.

What's your favorite part of a book?  When I'm reading, the beginning... when I'm still at the beginning, I know that I have hours and hours of losing myself in the story ahead.  When I'm writing, there's nothing better than typing The End.

When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
 Not really. I just go with names that I like.

Would you ever write a book of a different genre?  I'm having a lot of fun with erotic romance. I think I'll stay here for a while.

What advice would you give inspiring writers?  Keep writing, every day.


Do you have any further books planned?  There are four more books coming in the Seattle Series. I'm sure I'll come up with something else after that.


What made you come up with the series name "With me in Seattle." I decided that each title in the series would have "With Me" in the title, and they are all set in Seattle, so it seemed to work.

What would five words would you use to describe you new book?  Moody, Sexy, Fun, Music, Family

Who is your favorite character from your books and why? I honestly don't have a favorite character. I love them all passionately. 

If you could work with any fellow author who would it be and why?  Hmm... good question. I can't see myself collaborating with anyone on project, but I'm currently working with Kelli Maine, Michelle Valentine and Emily Snow on our Naughty Mafia event in August, and they are so funny, smart and creative! I love it.

Top five authors/books:


This list changes almost daily. There are way too many authors that I admire to name five favorites. My top five books so far this year are:  
1. If You Stay by Courtney Cole, 
2. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young,
 3. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, 
4.  All the Neighbors books by R.L. Matthewson 
5. Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren.  
Whew! That was hard.


Thank you so much for taking part. 


 Thanks again for having me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment