Monday 22 April 2013

Megan Smith- Birthday Bash Interview


Picture


We are so excited to have the opportunity of interviewing the lovely Megan Smith. Thank you for joining us.

Thank you so much for having me.

What/who inspired you to start writing?

Well I started doing some Beta Reading for Shey Stahl this past winter and after helping her I needed to prove to myself that I could write my own book.

What is your favorite part of a book?

I love the whole book, but Thanksgiving is a favorite part of mine.

When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?

No thought of the meaning when into the name but it took me a few tries until I finally picked the names that worked for me. They have to fit the part in my head.

Would you ever write a different genre?

I never really gave this a thought just yet, I would like to try but we will see what happens.

What advice would you give inspiring writers?

Just Believe! There were so many times when I wanted to give up, but I just kept telling myself to just believe that I can get it done. I even got a tattoo half way through the book on my foot a key and under that it says Just Believe.

What made you come up with your book titles?

It was originally called Fall Into You but I wasn’t feeling it and after listening to a favorite song of mine I came up with Trying Not To Love You.

Who is your favorite character from your books and why?

SMH, that would have to be Hunter. Hunter a little bit of my husband in the looks and some of the things he does. I didn’t plan it that way but as I was writing he just wanted a piece of him. He’s strong, knows what he wants (Even fights what he wants) protective and passionate. 

Who are your top five authors/books
Shey Stahl – Racing on the Edge Series and Waiting for You
Kristen Proby – With Me in Seattle Series
Molly McAdams – Taking Chances
S.C. Stephens – Thoughtless, Effortless and Reckless
Gail Mchugh - Collide


Tell us five things about you that we would not know

Super Shy
I’ve been with my hubby since I was 16
I have ADD so it makes writing hard at times
I hate Cheese
I’ve never been on an airplane


Thank you for taking part.

You are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment