Wednesday 29 May 2013

How to catch Butterflies- Samantha Fontien


Blurb  
For 7 years Career girl Rebecca Keane had been stuck in an abusive relationship with David Rosenberg. Until one night, fate intervenes enforcing the strong minded Lucy Watters her long lost best friend, back into her life.  
Will David Rosenberg let her go?  
Together the two friends will embark on a journey of self discovery. Can they learn to trust or love again? Or will career’s and life get in the way.  
Can Rebecca and Lucy learn how to spread their wings and fly? Or will they fall into one of the men’s nets, and be caught forever?  
Join these two London girls on their international journey of love in the first part of a series of Butterflies books, because ‘Girls should be pretty to see but hard to catch’.  
Author Links 
Author Bio  
I'm a Happily Married, mum of 2 . I LOVE Music, I am the daughter Of Musicians and was reared with a guitar in one hand and a pen in the other.(1st book)  
 
 
 
 
Hi thank you so much for agreeing to this interview.   
                                                                                                                                                                                - Your  very welcome, thank you for wanting to interview me  :)


  1. What made you come up with the book title HTCB?                                                                                      I have a saying I always use with my Sorrella, (I'm known for my silly sayings lol.) I'm forever comparing Girls/Women to butterflies... and how men have always and will always be fascinated by  their beauty etc, nothing changes except their behavior towards them.  lol                                                                                                                                               
  2. Is any part of HTCB baised on real life?                                                                                            -Yes, lots of it, even chapters 1 & 2. They are a part of me as any of the others. Names have obviously been changed, lol. Rebecca & Lucy are based on three women,  including myself. And no I'm not telling who's who hahaha The men ?? Yes they are all real as well.....
  1. Is there a book two? (PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE)                                                                   - Yes, I'm already pounding the keyboard working on book 2, I've a certain couple in Forte Dei Marmi, which is in Tuscany. And they are having a wonderful time indeed, LOL I only took a two ish weeks of a break before I started writing again. I had characters screaming at me to "put my fingers on the keyboard". Yes and I sleep with note books by my bed so I can write idea's or things out.
  2. If you had to go out for lunch with one of the males - who? & why?                                             - Ohhh, very nice question, can I not let THEM  all take ME out for lunch ?? Hehehe With the exception of David of course. 'Shudder'
  3. What made you come up with those names?                                                                       - There are actual real names there, and I have swapped some of them around with each other, again I can't say which is which etc lol
  4. What advice would you give to a new writer?                                                                                             -. Sleep with a note pad so you can write the idea's you have down, Plan. Store your map/info , I used a copy book, HTCB took two copy books. I stored all my info, properties, names, ages, cars, etc etc like profiles that you can cross reference at any time.  I'm finding it very handy at the moment as I mapped the time lines. I need those for book 2.                                                                                            And also to have a good support network. When you put your heart and soul and 9/10 a little piece of you, you feel very exposed, it can be very unnerving as someone has your work, and there looking at your baby judging it.  For me that was especially hard, as I never let anyone only my dad read my short stories. If you're lucky enough have  good support in place, you can ride the roller coaster that is 'writing'. I think the Beatles were right when they said " I get by with a little help from my friends" LOL
  5. what made you choice to self publish?                                                                                    - Being honest with you, I didn't think there would be any opportunity to get picked up by a publishing house, you always hear of more rejections than anything else, I was very lucky to submit my work into a  Indie Publishers, they signed me up on editing which was amazing. I still can't believe my book is out there. It's very surreal.
  6. If you had to write with another author who would it be and why?                                                  - Hmmm that's a hard one, as I have two writing hero's Clive Cussler. I've loved Dirk Pitt (he's the hero of his books) since I was 14. He was a favorite of my father, I borrowed his books and was hooked / in love (and still am) with 'Dirk Pitt' ever since. I love the way he amalgamates history and fiction harmoniously together, I just love his writing, Always have and always will, but only his own novel's not the co-written ones, their are not the same now sadly :( .  And Ian Fleming because, he too used his life experiences throughout his books. And as everyone knows its not just Bond, lol there's Chitty chitty bang bang. A author who can cater to all ages.
Tell us 5 random facts about you  -                                                                                        Ohhh good question ok    
   1. I'm a HUGE Titanic buff / nerd - i have hundred's of  books, even collectibles/ first editions  (yep big nerd lol) I love history.  
    2 - I went to stage/drama school.
 3. - I've been in two music video's from the late 80's & early 90's. 
 4. -  I'm good at accents.  
 5. - I don't like odd numbers ?? ( you wanted random !!!! lol)                 



  Review

 Lets say, i feel in love with this story as soon as i saw the title

I am still not fully sold on Jackson, but a book with 5 men- Jackson, Chris, David, George and Jason- what could go wrong? Rebecca, is such a normal person. She has gone through the heartache most of us have been through. Rebecca is one very strong character, i feel i love with her as a character.

I have so many questions to ask about David i hope the wait for book two is not long.
I like Jackson's character a lot ,but I do think he has always been sneaky? You will have to read to find out and come up with your own conclusion. 

All in all, this book was AMAZING! So new and fresh. I like something new. But very frustrating! But I have recommended it and I would continue to, I hope there is a book two.
Must read ladies! <3
 5 Stars



Follow the tour

TOUR DATES!
28- Usleess Rambles
      Miles Apart Books
29- Orchard Book Club
      Book Addict Mumma
      Hooked on Books
30- Sandwich Making Book Bitches
31- Bridger Bitches Book Blog
1-  Who you callin' a Book Whore?
2-   Rude Girl Book Blog
      Book Whorder's Delights
      Deliza's Dirty Dramas
      Flirty and Dirty Book Blog
3-    Swoonworthy Books
       Devoured Words
       Reading is my Time Out Book Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment