Thursday 12 September 2013

Dawn Martens ~ Get to know you interview



  1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
-       I always played with the idea of it, even started a few times but always gave up because I just wanted to read a damn book. But when a friend came to me and said hey ‘let’s write together’ I went for it.
  1. How long does it take you to write a book?
-       Each book is different. With Chase and Kade it took Chantal and I 3 weeks each book to write. Derek is taking me longer because I’m writing it solo. And the other two books I’m currently co-writing, we’ve been doing it 2 weeks and already are halfway done.
  1. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
-       I’m a stay at home mom, so for me, it’s whenever my kids and husband give me some free time.
  1. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
-       Hmm, I don’t think I have one.. :/
  1. How do you plan to publish? (self or publisher)
-       Self pub! I suck with deadlines, and I love being able to have control over every aspect of it.
  1. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
-       I tend to write what I know. I also get my inspiration from Kristen Ashley, cuz of course, EPIC!!
  1. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
-       Still just only 24. Co-wrote my first book in May, Second one in June. And possibly have two books out this September. (all before turning 25 woot!)
  1. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
-       Reading, DUH.
  1. What does your family think of your writing?
-       No one is really surprised. My female characters swear. A LOT. But I usually base them off of myself. (again write what I know)
  1. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
-       That sometimes I suck. Ha, no. I learned that I have less patience than I thought.
  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
-       I’ve co written two books so far (both are published), I’m currently writing my solo book (Derek, book 4 in the resisting love series) and I’m co-writing two books with good great people!  So far my favourite is Kade. But I think it might eventually be a toss up because Derek and Whiskey Lullaby are going to be amazing.
  1. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
-       Just go for it! Write for you, even if it sucks. But if YOU enjoy it! Go for it! Also, if you are sensitive, or get hurt easily, do NOT read reviews.
  1. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
-       I get emails and messages often. All saying they loved the books, when is the next one coming out,etc. So far, no hate mail!! woot
  1. Do you like to create books for adults?
-       Hell yeah. I’m an adult, I like reading adult books, so of course, writing adult books is the next best thing.
  1. What do you think makes a good story?
-       There isn’t just one answer to this. What makes a great story? Well Kristen Ashley makes a great one. Lol. I am a huge sucker for alpha males. If there isn’t one in the story, pfft, book ain’t worth it.
  1. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?


- um, this has multiple answers too. 3-7, wanted to be a singer. 8-10, wanted to be a dancer. 11-14, wanted to be a nurse. 15-17, stripper. Yes, I said stripper. And yes I was a fucked up 15-17 yr old lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment