Thursday 3 October 2013

Author Spotlight ~ Lesley Jones

·         Biography



I was born and raised in a small working class town in Essex, just outside of East London. I am married with three sons and in 2006 we all moved to the other side of the world, settling on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, about 50K outside of Melbourne Australia. It’s a whole new way of life for us down here, we miss friends and family back in the UK but this is most definetly home for us now, we are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world and have made some great friends in the years the seven years that we have been here.

 I am currently a stay at home mum but in the past I have worked at Marks & Spencer, as a classroom assistant/teachers aid and have run my business.
I started to write my first novel Saviour whilst sitting with my son during his chemo and blood transfusions’, writing was a great form of therapy for me during a very difficult time. My son is doing great now btw.

As well as writing, I love to read and have been known to get through four or five books a week. My other interests are watching my boys play football…The round ball version; I am happy to admit to being an addict of social media and I owe a lot to my Facebook and Twitter family in promoting my work; I am also rather partial to a glass… or bottle of wine, a nicely chilled Marlborough Sav Blanc being my favorite.  Being a born and raised Essex girl, I will happily admit to be being a big fan of spray tans, Shellac and am regularly, waxed, tinted and sculpted, although I am more likely to be found in thongs/flipflops than a pair of white stilettos these days.

·         Five facts about me you don’t know

I was born above a DIY store.
I am terrified of any insect with wings, including flies, which isn’t great when you live in Australia.
I was an extra in the Pink Floyd film The Wall.
I don’t like tomato sauce/ketchup
I would love to learn to surf.

·         Interests and hobbies

I love to read, I enjoy cooking, the beach, the pub, sharing a wine with friends, watching football, whether it be my boys or a game from the English Premier League at stupid O’clock in the morning… That’s one of the downsides of moving to Aus, the time difference. I watch some TV, Mad Men, Sons Of Anarchy and Game Of Thrones being some of my fav shows, I am also happy to admit that I love Big Brother, The Only Way Is Essex, Geordie Shore and E News.

·         Books

Saviour was my first book, Resolution is the follow up, I am now writing something completely different, which may or may not be ready to publish around the time this goes live.

·         If I could write with anyone it would be- (because)

Wow, this is a difficult question, there are so many fantastic authors out there, I think though, I would have to say, Sylvain Reynard, Gabriel’s Inferno series of books are probably my most favourite books, ever. I would love to work with Sylvain because of the beautiful way he writes, I feel I would just learn so much from the experience. I can only dream of one day writing as well as he does.


I fell into writing accidentally as I mentioned before, I had had this story going around my head for a while and when I had time on my hands I wrote it down, all 92,000 words or so, in notes on my IPhone, as I finished each chapter I would email it to myself, then copy and paste it into a word document and work on it from there, after I had written eight chapters I sent what I had written out to some on line friends I had made via a secret Fifty Shades page on Facebook and I couldn’t believe the response I got from them, they loved it and all wanted more, the rest they say is history. I love writing and the best part of all is that I find it so easy; I have so many stories going around in my head that as I am writing one book, I am already making notes for the next one. I just hope the readers enjoy my work as much as I do.
Thank you so much for the chat and for the opportunity to tell your readers about my books.

You can find me on Twitter @Lesley_Jones









1 comment:

  1. Are you paying more than $5 / pack of cigarettes? I'm buying my cigs at Duty Free Depot and this saves me over 60% on cigs.

    ReplyDelete