Thursday 19 December 2013

Spotlight ~ Navi' Robins

·       


  Biography
I’ve always shown a love and talent for literary art. I consider myself an author, poet, singer, and artist and I enjoy pushing the limits of my imagination and talents to new horizons.  I was born in Chicago, IL and family decided when I was ten years old to move outside of the U.S. and for the next two decades and a half I travelled to Africa, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. During my travels I was privileged to learn different cultures, languages and create lasting and beautiful friendships with people from all over the world.  The exposure to different cultures has given me a very colourful and open-minded view on art and self-expression that can be seen in my writings and artwork.
My idea for the series “Walking Among the Shadows” is actually a compilation of five other ideas for books and I decided to combine them into one novel series and in September of 2012 the first draft of the manuscript for “Walking Among the Shadows: Awakening” was completed. My goal is to bring a new idea and a new reality in the Young Adult novel genre. Presently, I’m working on the second volume in the Walking Among the Shadows series entitled “Walking Among the Shadows: Belly of the Beast”. My goal as an author is to create stories that will remain a lasting fixture in literature for many years to come.

·         Five facts about me you don’t know

I speak 5 different languages
I was a P.O.W. in the West African country of Liberia for two years
I designed the series Logo myself
While living in Israel I got the opportunity to meet and sing with Stevie Wonder.

·         Interests and hobbies

Singing, writing, travelling, building computers (I am a true tech geek), swimming, reading, cooking, gaming and software development.

·         Books

I’ve only published one book but have written two Walking Among the Shadows: Awakening/release date 5/17/13 and my second novel in the series Walking Among the Shadows: Belly of the Beast will be released 11/28/13

·         If I could write with anyone it would be-

Alive: Stephen King because his mind is like a treasure trove of imagination and weird things. I consider my mind just as colourful and combining the two would produce a spectrum of craziness unlike anything anyone has ever read before.

Deceased: Alexander Dumas because what he did was create a story that transcended race and nationality. The Three Musketeers is a story that doesn’t care where you are from or what you look like. It’s about brotherhood and loyalty; something anyone can find reason to enjoy and fight for. 





No comments:

Post a Comment